It’s spring, so three things are a given: birds are chirping, flowers are growing, and people are doing heavy duty spring cleaning after a long winter. You’re probably checking off your list of spring cleaning to-dos — maybe some carpet cleaning, organizing the garage, replacing light bulbs, etc. But there’s one important thing that likely didn’t make your list—getting your air conditioner serviced.
What Difference Does It Make?
Here are three great reasons why an A/C a tune-up should be an essential part of your annual spring cleaning checklist:
- Energy Efficiency = Lower Bills. Getting your air conditioner serviced increases the unit’s efficiency. A thorough cleaning of your air conditioner’s motor, coil and other components will save the unit from having to work harder than it needs to.
- Increase the Lifespan of Your A/C Unit. A well-maintained air conditioner can last much longer. On the other hand, if you don’t schedule regular maintenance of your unit, you can expect to pay hundreds of dollars in unexpected repairs, as well as needing to replace your A/C several years sooner than a unit that is well-maintained.
- Schedule Now, Save Later. We all know the early bird gets the worm. In this case, the early bird saves loads of money. If you wait to schedule service until the hottest day of the year when something goes wrong with your A/C, you’ll be at the mercy of the high-demand summer schedule and pricing. Be proactive and schedule service in the spring—you’ll be glad you did.
Seems like a no brainer, doesn’t it?
What Does an A/C Tune-Up Include?
Can’t I just change the filter and call it a day? While changing your air filter every few months is a great idea, it’s a tiny fraction of what needs to be done to keep your air conditioner in peak condition. Here’s what’s covered with Air Specialist’s 18-point Cooling Tune-up Checklist:
- Wax Condensing Unit
- Clean Outdoor Coil
- Clean Compressor Compartment
- Clean Electrical Compartment
- Clean Blower Compartment
- Clean Condensate Drain
- Inspect & Clean Air Filter (if necessary)
Inspect Service Disconnect
- Tighten All Electrical Connections (when necessary)
- Inspect Compressor Contractor
- Tighten All Low Voltage Connections
- Test Capacitors
- Oil Motors (if applicable)
- Inspect Bearings
- Inspect Fan Blade
- Inspect Thermostat
- Inspect Condition of Line Set
- Inspect for Proper Refrigerant Charge
An Air Specialist A/C tune-up will give you the coolest (and most efficient) house on the block. So, what are you waiting for? Beat the east Texas heat and humidity by scheduling your air conditioner tune-up with Air Specialist.
There’s simply no better way to keep energy bills down and cool air flowing.