We mean your air ducts, of course.
You might be afraid to look too far inside of your air ducts for fear of what you may find- but what could be lurking down there is scarier than what you might think.
Here at Air Specialist, we think it is better to know what you're dealing with.
In addition to the 40 pounds of dust the average home collects each year, your air ducts may be harboring a number of other debris, dust mites, mold, bacteria or populations of insects or rodents.
And According to the HVAC Inspection, Maintenance and Restoration Association, contaminants are then, “… pulled into (your) HVAC system and re-circulated 5 to 7 times per day, on average. Over time, this re-circulation causes a build-up of contaminants in (your) duct work.”
We think that’s pretty gross.
5 Other Gross Things You May Not Want to Know About Your Air Ducts
1. If your air vents appear to be dirty, the rest of your air ducts are probably dirtier.
2. Your air ducts are capable of providing a home for dust mite feces, cockroach particles, mold, lead or even Arsenic.
3. 90% of air conditioner failures are caused by dirt and dust build-up.
4. Dirt and dust build-up can aggravate respiratory illnesses, asthma or allergies.
5. If you’re hearing scary noises coming from your walls or ceiling, your air ducts may be harboring insects or rodents.
Lucky for you, air duct cleaning services are designed to remove these contaminants so you can get on with your Spring cleaning in peace. If you’re considering a duct cleaning- give us a call, we’re kind of specialists of air.