Making sure you hired the right person is very important when it comes to hiring a heating and air conditioning contractor. You have to remember that you are inviting that person into your home and you are trusting him/her to be honest and fair when it comes to repairs and costs. With the hottest months of the year approaching, your air conditioner will be in high demand, so you will be needing to bring in someone to perform routine maintenance and any repairs that might be. You have to make sure you’re hiring the right person for the job.
Hiring the Right HVAC Contractor
- Know What You Want Before calling any service company, be knowledgeable about what you need done in your home. Take some time to study up on your heating and air conditioning system—know the make and model of your current system and the maintenance history. If you have any extra issues (i.e., uneven cooling in your home), write those down to include when you call the customer service representative.
- Ask for Recommendations You trust your friends’ opinions about your hair style, so why not trust their experience with a contractor? Ask friend, family members and co-workers for who they use and their experience. Check reference sites like the Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List and Yelp for reviews and other customers’ experiences.
- Check License & Certifications You can typically see a company’s licenses and certifications on their website, and those are more than just a bunch of fancy initials to add to their resume. Knowing that your heating and air conditioning technician is certified by groups like NATE means your technician has passed quality and knowledge standards that you want in your home.
- Proof of Insurance You might be surprised to find out that services and installing air conditioning units can be pretty hazardous, which is why it’s important your service company is covered by general liability and workers’ compensation. Don’t hesitate to ask for proof when you’re talking with a customer service representative.
- Get It in Writing When a technician comes in for a service call, the cost for repair and/or installation can easily add up quick. Get all estimates in writing, and ask that the technician is specific in writing equipment needs and prices. This way, if you need to you can …
- Get a Second Opinion If something doesn’t seem right to you, don’t be afraid to ask for a second opinion by another company. Have their technician look at the same problem and get their estimate in writing so you can compare. Ask questions as to why one thing might cost differently from one estimate to another.
- Go with Your Gut Trust your instincts when it comes to working with a contractor. If something doesn’t feel right when it comes to service or just the professionalism, do not hire that contractor.
At Air Specialist, we have a long history of providing quality, and trustworthy, heating & air conditioning service in the Houston, TX area. Call us to discuss your heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality needs today.
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work