When was the last time you looked at your home’s A/C vents? Do they look dusty or dirty? Is crud accumulating around the grills? If your vents look like this, what do you imagine is happening to the air that flows through them? Regular, thorough vent cleaning will keep your air cleaner and your house tidier. Air Specialist A/C Heating Insulation & More of Houston walks you through the DIY task with easy tips.
DIY vent cleaning
- Turn off the HVAC system. As a rule, you should always turn off your HVAC system while you’re working on it. Besides, you don’t want air blowing in your face while you clean!
- Vacuum the vent covers. Short on time? A quick vacuum over the vent covers may grab much of the dust and other grime accumulated in the vent. For thorough cleaning, though, continue to the next step.
- Remove the vent covers. Most vent covers can be removed with a screwdriver. Set them in a tub full of soapy water while working on the ducts.
- Loosen and remove what debris you can reach in your ductwork. If you have a long-handled brush, use it to sweep away the dust, grime, and pet hair that has taken up residence within the ductwork.
- Pull out the vacuum again. Use a vacuum attachment to reach deep into the duct. You can also use the vacuum extension attachment to clean any ceiling vent covers.
- Scrub the vent cover. Remember that cover you set aside to soak? Scrub it well, getting into the nooks and crannies to remove all the dirt. Dry it thoroughly and replace it with the original hardware.
- Clean or replace your air filter. Finish your chore with a clean air filter to catch the dirt and debris before reaching the vent covers.
- Turn your HVAC system back on. And give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
Your arm and vacuum attachment can only reach so far. Air specialists can rid your ductwork of everything lurking inside with a professional air duct cleaning. This process rids your ducts of any accumulated nastiness. It includes a full inspection and cleaning of your home’s forced-air system. Air Specialist also offers several different air cleaners and purifiers that capture dust and other pollutants and keep your home’s indoor air pristine.
Air Specialist of Houston cares about the air quality in your Houston home. To schedule a duct-cleaning service or talk about indoor air quality solutions, call Air Specialist now at [csad_phone] or contact us online. Air Specialist has been keeping your family comfortable since 1970!
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work