Many factors can cause poor air quality in your home. Some common contributors are listed below. Although you may not have all of these occurring in your home, by addressing the ones you do, you can increase your air quality and overall home comfort.
- Irregular maintenance. Lack of regular maintenance on your heating and cooling system can lead to poor air circulation, reduced efficiency and wasted energy. A regular HVAC tune-up of your system can keep tabs on the air quality inside your home.
- Airborne particles. These can come from anywhere and often result in allergic reactions. A good filtering system can relieve this problem, such as a highly rated filter, air cleaners or air purifiers added to your current heating and cooling system.
- Excessive moisture. This is just as big a problem as it promotes the growth of microbes and mildew. The first symptom is usually moisture collecting on your windows and dampness on your walls. A properly sized air conditioning system not only cools indoor air but also helps reduce humidity. The best solution for excessive moisture is a dehumidifier.
- Uneven circulation. This is often caused by a poorly sized duct system. Check your ducts to make sure they’re tightly sealed and free of debris so they can achieve maximum efficiency and air quality. Have them inspected by a professional once every 3 years to ensure they are clean and operating efficiently.
- Sealing air leaks. This will virtually eliminate drafts and prevent pollutants from entering your home through the leaks. It will also help minimize energy consumption.
- Improper venting can result in condensation. It can also be the cause of ‘stuffy’ air and can even contribute to structural damage to your house. Mechanical ventilation systems remove poor indoor air and replace it with fresh, conditioned outdoor air.
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work