The return of Spring brings with it more than the warmer weather for some residents of Houston; it also ushers in allergy season.
Those who suffer from seasonal allergies know all too well that blooming flowers and trees mean itchy, watery eyes, sneezing and wheezing.
If you are among those who suffer from seasonal allergies, you may have a long season ahead of you. Experts have predicted higher than normal pollen counts this year, which adds up to a more difficult allergy season ahead.
There are ways you can help lessen the severity of your allergy symptoms that don’t involve just stocking up on allergy medication and tissue.
1. Reduce the source of allergens such as animal dander, house plants, etc.
2. Remove anything that introduces or collects allergens in your home. To start, fix leaky faucets, remove carpet or rugs and control dust.
3. Leave your windows closed during allergy season. However, you need to ventilate properly to bring outdoor air indoors and remove indoor allergens.
4. Clean your indoor air.
How to Clean Your Indoor Air
As the EPA suggested, one way to alleviate your allergy symptoms is by cleaning your indoor air.
Many people assume that the air filter in their heating and cooling system is intended to clean the air in their home, but the air filter is designed to protect the system from dust and debris.
It is the virus-sized particles that you cannot see circulating in your air that you need to worry about. These virus-sized particles include bacteria, allergens, dust and other contaminants and can become a problem for those who have allergies and other respiratory conditions.
Here at AirSpecialist, we recommend that our customers who suffer from allergies, asthma, hay fever or other breathing difficulties consider installing an Air Purification system in their homes.
A quality air purification system can help to reduce dust, pet dander and other tiny particles in your air that a typical air filter cannot remove.
If you’ve never considered the benefits of installing an air purification system in your home, we urge you to contact your local HVAC company to learn more.
For more information about the benefits of air purification systems or indoor air quality, visit our website or contact us at AirSpecialist today. If you live near Houston, Texas schedule a consultation and we will be right over.
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work