The fall means football for many people and for others, it means a new season of television. Whatever the reason, the fall is watch party season. Here are a few tips to make your next gathering with friends around a television the best watch party possible.
- What would a watch party be without a television? The price for a 4K television has gone down dramatically since their introduction so if you need an updated set consider a 50-inch Samsung for under $700 or if your budget is a little bit bigger get a Sony 75-inch Ultra HD for just north of $2,500.
- Now that you have a beautiful big screen television for all to enjoy, consider what the game or show is going to sound like. Amplifying the sound with a complete surround sound speaker system from LG or go a little simpler with a sound bar from Samsung.
- With all of the audio and video in place make sure it’s all working properly. Most people won’t be able to resist the temptation of checking in and posting to social media so make sure your wifi is included in the check of electronics, especially if you are streaming the game or show.
- Have your house professionally cleaned so your home will feel inviting and your guests can be comfortable. The outside of your home is included in cleaning your house. This primes your house to be decorated for the watch party.
- Depending on the size and budget of your watch party it might be wise to consider having the event catered with a buffet or themed food for a television show. A bartender can also make a simple watch party feel like an event. If catering and a bartender are a little much, have food on hand that is easy to eat and keep all of the food and drinks in one location so people know where to go when they get the munchies.
- Watch parties usually include alcoholic beverages and if you are planning to serve liquor at your party it’s important to know the liability of doing so in each state. Most states hold the host liable for whatever happens behind the wheel once guests leave a party. It would also be a good idea to have a space where those too intoxicated to drive can spend the night.
- Not everyone will want to stay in the same room so have the game or show on in different locations is always a good idea. Perhaps one television is in a quieter space for those not wanting the yelling and screaming that often coincides with watching a game for many football fans. If possible consider preparing an outdoor space to be the secondary watch party location.
- Make sure that all of your plumbing is functioning properly. Guests will need a restroom to use during the watch party and you don’t want people to have to wait in line or even worse, use a broken restroom. It’s also a great idea to have your heating and air conditioning system professionally maintained. Having a house full of people watching the big game or a watch party for a television is no time to have your system not working properly.
Your team may not win or your favorite character may be written out of a show but with these easy steps you can host a watch party your friends will be talking about for seasons to come.