The questions are familiar ones:
- Do I really need to get my heating system tuned-up every year?
- Can’t I just do it myself?
- Why is it so expensive?
Everyone wants to save money whenever they can, but it’s better not to be ‘penny wise and pound foolish’ – meaning, you don’t want to save a little in the short run when it can cost big in the long run.
What you can do
There are, of course, certain things you can do at home to ensure good practices for your heating system, such as:
- Change air filters
- Check the ductwork connections
- Check your system controls
However, there are times some pieces of the puzzle may not come together without the help of a trained eye.
What an HVAC technician should do
You can exercise and eat right to take care of your own body, but you wouldn’t want to try and read an X-ray or a CT scan to make a diagnosis. Some things should be performed by trained experts.
Likewise, there are maintenance issues with your heating system that should be observed and attended to by HVAC technicians who have special training and understand how the entire heating system works together.
Having your furnace or heat pump regularly serviced on a maintenance schedule enables everything to run at peak efficiency – and often spots problems in the making before they become bigger problems, avoiding breakdowns and reducing the need for preventable heating repairs.
Among the things HVAC technicians check on a routine maintenance program include:
- Checking burners to make sure they ignite properly,
- Seeing that the flame sensor works correctly and the burner flame remains lit
- Removing and inspecting the blower wheel to make sure it is free of any blockage or debris
- Checking the wiring for any corrosion or other damage
- Checking carbon monoxide levels
It really does save money in the long run – and provide peace of mind – to have regularly scheduled maintenance. Cold weather means “game time” for warming your Houston area home – don’t try start the season with an “out of shape” heating system.
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work