Leaks Make Us Cry Too.
We understand how tempting it is to lower the thermostat as the heat rises. Doing so may mean you feel cooler for the time being, but you're likely to regret it when the cooling bill comes. Especially when you find that oftentimes, the air you are spending your hard-earned money cooling is escaping in more ways than one. Most people realize you lose cool air every time you open your door, but did you know it may also be leaking into the walls and ceilings of your home? Learn how to keep more cool air inside of your home with the list of tips we’ve put together for you. Let us suggest that you may even want to hire a professional to assess and seal the ducts in your home. You could save 20% of your cool air as a result.
Control Air Leakage in Your Home
• Reflecting heat away from your home is the one of the best ways to keep your home cool and your air conditioner working most efficiently. Installing blinds, curtains or shades will help you keep the heat out and the cool in.
• It may seem simple, but many can prevent air leakage simply by adding or improving the insulation in their home. Upgrading from 3 to 12 inches of insulation in your attic or walls can cut your cooling costs by up to ten percent.
• Stop air leakage from occurring in the first place by having your ducts sealed. Up to 20% of your conditioned air is lost via leaks and holes in your duct system, or even due to bad connections. Some of the cool air that leaves your air conditioner will never make it to the rooms in your home. If you begin to notice your home doesn’t feel as cool as it used to or more humid than normal, leaky ducts may be to blame.
• Issues within your duct system may allow unwanted particles, pollen and even insulation to enter your duct system and circulate into the air you and your family breathes. Sealing your ducts may be your most effective option for stopping your leakage this summer, and will take less than a day to complete and save you both energy and money.
Give us a call soon, and start keeping your cool this summer.
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work