Air quality is always an important factor for the environment and your health. Did you know that, according to WebMD, the air inside your home may be more polluted than the air outside? Scary, huh? In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency says that indoor air levels of many pollutants may be two to five times (and sometimes 100 times) higher than outdoor levels. So what can you do about your indoor air quality? That’s why many customers ask Air Specialist to have their air ducts cleaned, one of the more popular services we provide.
It is recommended to have your air ducts cleaned if:
- Your home was a new build or has recently been remodeled. While duct should be sealed off during any home renovation, sometimes that step might be missed. When that happens, dangerous dust and debris can become lodged inside the ductwork. Anything related to asbestos or lead paint removal is a definite requirement for air duct cleaning.
- There has been any indication of an animal infestation in your ducts of HVAC system, they need to be removed and your system should be cleaned.
- Any visible mold growth inside ductwork, ducts or HVAC system must be cleaned out.
- You have noticed debris, pet hair, odors or any other contaminants being released into the room, registers should be cleaned and vacuumed regularly. If this is still occurring, then ducts should be cleaned.
- Someone in your home is suffering from an unexplained allergy-related illness. If you’ve taken every step to decontaminate your home and you can’t pinpoint the problem, the next step is to have your ducts and HVAC system cleaned.
Other times to consider cleaning your air ducts include moving into a new home and having pets that shed fur or dander.
What is involved in duct cleaning?
Cleaning your air ducts isn’t just running a large broom through the duct work and calling it clean.
When you call Air Specialist, you know you’re getting a quality job from the moment we arrive. Our technicians will take care to protect your duct work, use only soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and do a thorough job of brushing duct surfaces and using a contact vacuum to dislodge dust and other particles stuck on the surface.
The surface of your heat exchanger and both sides of the cooling coil should be cleaned. Components of the blower should be clean, free of oil and debris, and working properly. The coil drain pan in your cooling system should be completely cleaned and draining properly. Newly-installed access doors in the sheet metal should be attached more securely than by just duct tape—screws or rivets should be properly attached.
You can find out more about our duct cleaning process. At Air Specialist, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We want you to be happy and your family healthy. Contact us today to schedule an estimate today.
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work