Why Maintain your HVAC System?
Keeping your HVAC equipment in good repair can save you more than simply money and time; it can save your sanity. Imagine lounging in your comfortable home in the dead of winter when your heat pump fails or preparing for a summer party when your air conditioner malfunctions. Scrambling to find an AC technician before you have to endure the discomfort of a breakdown can be stressful and time-consuming. Using a reputable HVAC company such as Air Specialist in the Houston, TX area for your HVAC maintenance can help you prevent HVAC repair emergencies.
Important HVAC Maintenance Items
An HVAC examination should include the following:
- Thermostat setting assessment – Your settings should keep your space comfortable when you are around to enjoy it and change to conserve power when you are not home.
- Electrical connection check – Connections should be snug, and the voltage and current readings should help reflect this.
- Lubrication – Lubrication reduces resistance and helps you save energy.
- Condensate drain examination – The condensate drain should be inspected to ensure that it is not clogged or obstructed.
- General operation assessment – A technician should confirm that the system begins, runs and shuts off correctly.
- Outdoor unit inspection – Debris and dirt should be removed from the area around the outdoor HVAC unit.
- Fan assessment – The motor and blades on the fan should be checked to make sure they are not damaged.
- Air filter replacement – Air filters should be replaced regularly to maintain air flow and air quality.
Specific Cooling and Heating System Maintenance
In addition to the items above, the air conditioning system should have additional inspections and maintenance completed.
- Coil cleaning – The coils on the evaporator and the condenser should be cleaned. This can help your unit operate more efficiently and increase the life of your system.
- Refrigerant check – Too much or too little refrigerant can be a waste. Help safeguard efficient operation by making sure refrigerant levels are just right.
- Blower maintenance – Adjusting the blower components can help maintain proper airflow. The blower assembly should be cleaned during routine maintenance.
- Examine heating elements – For safe operation, gas or oil connections should be clean and unblemished, and there should be no leaks.
How to Set Up a Maintenance Agreement
Air Specialist Heating & Air Conditioning in the Houston, TX area offers HVAC maintenance contracts or one-time maintenance checkups. The company provides comprehensive maintenance that includes the items on the checklist above. We can set up a contract for routine maintenance or assess your HVAC system at any time. Keep your home comfortable with regular maintenance.
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work