It can send a shiver up your spine…and we’re not talking about the cold weather. It’s the thought of having to cough up the money to replace your furnace.
There’s no doubt that the cost of a new furnace is sometimes scary, with some estimations starting in the low $1,000 to $2,500 when including installation. However, depending on the age of your current furnace, your new furnace can lead to lower monthly utility bills because it will be more efficient.
So when should you start considering replacing your old furnace?
- Age. If your furnace is more than 15 years old, that would be one key factor. The average furnace lasts 10 to 14 years, so even at 10 years, problems can arise, depending on how diligent you’ve been with routine maintenance.
- Increasing Bills. As furnaces age, they start using more energy to do the same job, which will add onto your energy bills. Have you noticed an increase in your heating bills? They’re probably not all because of rates increasing.
- Inconsistent Heat. If there are temperature variations from room to room, that’s another sign that your furnace is in need of care.
- Never Stops. If the system is consistently running, or if it cycles on and off very frequently, something could be amiss with your heating system.
- Strange Noises. Hearing any banging, popping, squealing, or rattling noises are another indication that something is wrong and it might be time to replace the system.
- Dust. One of your furnace’s jobs is to moisten and clean the air, so if your house has been particularly dusty and/or the air has stuffy or stale, the furnace is not doing its job, which means you’re not comfortable.
Call your Air Specialist today if you’ve said “yes” to any or all of these signs of an aging furnace and discuss your options.
Why Choose Us?
- We're strategically located in Pearland, TX
- Expertise to service all of your HVAC equipment
- Our technicians are NATE-certified
- We are an ACCA member company
- BBB accredited south Texas HVAC business
- We stand behind all of our HVAC work